One of the most important ingredients to slime besides glue is activator. Without activator you can't actually make slime! Luckily there are so many different types of activators, and today we will be showing you all of them and our personal favorites! It is important to know that not all of these activators work for every type of slime!
- Borax Method (Add 1 Teaspoon of borax to 1 cup of water) *Cheapest
- Contact Lens Solution *Makes most Slime
- Liquid Detergent (e.g. Sta-Flo)
- Elmer's Magical Liquid *For Beginners
- Colorations Slime Activator
- Amazon Basics Slime Activator
- Nickelodeon Slime Activator
These are the 7 of the most popular slime activators. If you are on a budget we suggest the "Borax Method". This is because it is very cheap and you can get the most than any of these by far! If you are a beginner to making slime, we suggest the "Elmer's Magical Liquid" this is because it is very simple to use and you do not need that much to activate your slime! If you want a lot of slime and do not have a lot of glue we suggest the "Contact Lens Solution" because it is a pretty weak activator and you need a lot to fully activate your slime, thus making your slime bigger!